October 08, 2015
'EVERYTHING ABOUT SONAR'
Steve has an extensive sonar background with Navy Sonar. He understands sonar like no one you have ever talked to. This is the one meeting that you need to mark on your calendar.
Thursday, October 8th 6:30PM
SOUTH COUNTY SENIOR CENTER
on the Edmonds Waterfront
220 Railroad Ave
Edmonds, WA 98020
Hi Speed Downrigger
November 14, 2015
2015 Randy Pfriem Memorial Chinook Derby
Members & Guests Only
New Date: November 14, 2015
Randy Pfriem hoists a big hatchery King just off Kingston
Hatchery (Fin-clipped) Chinook ONLY
Sno-King PSA Current Members and Guests ONLY
Weigh-In @ 3:00PM - Port of Edmonds
Tickets sold at our general meetings (Edmonds)
and Ed's Surplus, (Lynnwood)
(bring your membership card to confirm)
Tickets are $25/each (cash only, please)
$5.00 of each ticket will be donated to Fish Northwest
100% of the proceeds are re-distributed as prize money:
Excluding the $5.00 reserved for Fish NW
1st Prize: 50% of ticket sales
2nd Prize: 25% of ticket sales
3rd Prize: 15% of ticket sales
New in 2015! - 4th Prize: 10% of ticket sales
New in 2015! - Mystery Fish Prize: $200.00
New in 2015! - Kid's biggest fish: $50.00
NOTICE: THIS IS NOT AN "ALL WEATHER" DERBY
Derby officials reserve the right to cancel or postpone derby due to an adverse weather forecast.
If derby is cancelled or postponed, tickets will be refunded in full or will be valid for another derby date
*Check our website at 6:30 PM the evening before the derby for status.
1. Fish must be completely cleaned to determine Official Derby Weight. All guts, gills, and kidney (the blood line next to the spine) must be removed. Derby judges may do additional cleaning before weighing. In the event of a tie, the time of weigh-in shall determine the winner (earliest fish wins). Only Chinook (king) salmon qualify for prizes.
2. Derby hours are from dawn to 3:00 PM sharp (cell phone time). All entries must be in line by 3:00 PM. Weigh-in will be at the Port of Edmonds adjacent to the launch sling.
3. Fishing will be allowed in open areas of WDFW Marine Areas 8-1, 8-2, 9 and 10 only.
4. All contestants must fish according to the current WDFW Recreational Fishing Regulations and any WDFW Emergency Rule changes posted online or released.
5. All anglers (persons with a fishing license) aboard boat must have a Derby ticket.
6. Salmon must be caught the day of the event, in the designated Marine Area and arrive at the weigh-in station via water or by car, due to possible bad weather forecast, to qualify for weigh-in and prizes.
7. Derby Officials reserve the right to disqualify any fish that appears to have been tampered with or per the rules as designated herein. The decisions of Derby Officials on legality, time, and weight and all decisions will be final and binding.
8. Prizes will be distributed immediately after the weigh-in then whoever wants to will go to a local watering hole for fish stories.
9. Only one fish per contestant may be entered to qualify for prizes.
Monitor VHF 72 for derby communications.
January 01, 2015You must be a current PSA Sno-King Member to enter this contest!
Kids Division- must be 15 and under at the time the fish is caught.
All the same rules as the adult division.
Catch a big fish in Washington State or Surrounding waters!
· The fish must be one of the species listed below.
· Fish must caught by hook and line angling only.
· All contestants must fish in accordance with the current WDFW fishing regulations.
· All contestants must be a PSA Sno-King member.
· The member must have a current paid membership at the time of catching the fish.
· The fish must be hooked, fought and landed by a PSA Sno-King member (except netting, harpooning or gaffing) The member may have help fighting the fish only by another PSA Sno-King member in which case both members names will be placed on the plaque as co-winners.
· If fishing outside of Washington State, you must launch and land your boat on the same day at a Washington State boat launch and you must follow the regulations for that particular jurisdiction.
· Fish not caught legally will be disqualified.
· You may place in more than one division, but not place more than once in each division.
You may upgrade your fish in each division.
· The decisions of legality, length and weight will be final and binding and determined by the PSA Sno-King Board of Directors. If a board member is entered in any of the divisions top 3 fish they will not be allowed to influence any decision regarding legality if a dispute arises in that particular division.
To enter a fish for the big fish contest you must;
Provide a picture showing a tape measurement of overall length and girth on Chinook or Coho salmon. Length should me measured from tip of the mouth to the tip of the tail and the numbers on the tape must be readable. Girth should be measured by circling the tape snugly around the salmons mid-section just in front of the dorsal fin with the numbers on the tape readable at the intersect point on the tape. The fish must be laying flat on the deck when measuring! If the fish is hanging it may be disqualified.
These measurements will be used to verify the fish weight. Please also provide an accurate weight. All Salmon will be calculated at the weight based on the Length/Girth calculator on Piscatorial Pursuits. This calculation is not always accurate but all salmon will be weighed using this method for 2015. Your actual scale weight may differ from these results!
Here is the link to the PP calculator;
Halibut and Ling Cod
Provide a picture of the overall length from tip of the mouth to the tip of the tail on Halibut and Ling Cod. The tape must be readable. The fish must be laying flat on the deck when measuring! If the fish is hanging it may be disqualified.
Please provide an accurate weight if possible. Halibut and Ling Cod will be rated by length measurement chart to determine weight. Weight charts are on the contest home page.
Albacore Tuna Measuring
Provide a picture of the overall length from tip of the mouth to the FORK (center) of the tail on Albacore Tuna. The tape must be readable. The fish must be laying flat on the deck when measuring! If the fish is hanging it may be disqualified.
Please provide an accurate weight if possible. Albacore Tuna will be rated by length measurement chart to determine weight.
The weight chart is viewable on the contest home page.
We will need a photo in Jpeg format showing the fisherman holding the fish to place on the plaque.
Take lots of pictures!!!
Portrait or Landscape will work either way on a plaque.
e-mail all pictures to Ron Garner and or Tim Stumpf at the following
plaques will be for the 3 biggest fish in each division listed below;
A certificate, suitable for framing, will be provided for places 4-10
***** Chinook ***** Coho***** Halibut ***** Ling Cod *****Albacore Tuna*****
Wut's yer name?
WHO are YOU?
Folks want to know who is behind your mysterious avatar
Please take a moment and click 'My Profile'
Type your real name in the 'bio' box
Nothing to it!
Remember, this is a private website