December 11, 2014
Smoked Salmon Contest
Bring along your best Smoked Salmon Recipes
to share (large portions prefered)
Plaques awarded to the best judged smoked salmon
Thursday, December 11th 6:30PM
SOUTH COUNTY SENIOR CENTER
on the Edmonds Waterfront
220 Railroad Ave
Edmonds, WA 98020
BIG Pizza Slice or Hot Dog: $2 Soft Drinks: $1
November 15, 2014
Derby Complete - Leaderboard & Photos Posted
Saturday, November 15th, 2014
Members Only Blackmouth Derby
Fin-clipped Chinook ONLY!!!!
Sno-King PSA Members and Guests ONLY
Weigh-In @ 3:00PM - Port of Edmonds
Tickets sold at our general meetings
and at Ed's Surplus, Lynnwood
(bring your membership card to confirm membership)
Tickets are $25/each (cash only, please)
$5.00 of each ticket will be donated to Fish Northwest!!!
100% of the proceeds will be re-distributed as prize money:
Excluding the $5.00 reserved for Fish NW
1st Prize: 50% of ticket sales
2nd Prize: 25% of ticket sales
3rd Prize: 15% of ticket sales
Mystery Fish Prize: 10% of ticket sales
Special November 2014 (only) Prize: First five (5) kids under age 14 at the Weigh-in will receive a $20 store credit to Ted's Sporting Goods*
*(Kids valid with or without fish; Derby ticket required)
Thank you: Andy Kim, PSA Sno-King Member!
Prizes will be distributed immediately after the weigh-in, followed by fish stories at a local watering hole.
NOTICE: THIS IS NOT AN 'ALL WEATHER' DERBY.
Derby officials reserve the right to cancel or postpone derby due to an adverse weather forecast.
If derby is cancelled or postponed, tickets will be refunded in full or will be valid for another derby date
Check our website at 6:30 PM the evening before the derby to see if derby has been changed
1. Derby hours are from dawn to 3:00 PM sharp. No entries will be weighed in after 3:00 PM. Weigh-in will be at the Port of Edmonds adjacent to the launch sling.
2. Derby Officials reserve the right to disqualify any fish that appears to have been tampered with or per the rules as designated herein. The decisions of Derby Officials on legality, time, and weight and all decisions will be final and binding.
3. Fishing will be allowed in open areas of Marine Areas 8-1, 8-2, 9 and 10 only.
4. All contestants must fish according to the current WDFW Recreational Fishing Regulations.
5. All anglers (persons with a fishing license) aboard boat must have a Derby ticket.
6. Salmon must be caught the day of the event, in the designated Marine Area and arrive at the weigh-in station via water or by car, due to possible bad weather forecast, to qualify for weigh-in and prizes.
7. Fish must be completely cleaned to determine Official Derby Weight. All guts, gills, and kidney (the blood line next to the spine) must be removed. Derby judges may do additional cleaning before weighing. In the event of a tie, the time of weigh-in shall determine the winner (earliest fish wins). Only Chinook (king) salmon qualify for prizes.
8. Prizes will be distributed immediately after the weigh-in then whoever wants to will go to a local watering hole for fish stories.
9. Only one fish per contestant may be entered to qualify for prizes.
Monitor VHF ch72 for derby communications.
Wut's yer name?
WHO are YOU?
Folks want to know who is behind your mysterious avatar
Please take a moment and click 'My Profile'
Type your real name in the 'bio' box
Nothing to it!