April 09, 2015
'How to Catch more Halibut'Ron Garner on Halibut fishing the strait. Ron is going to focus on bait rigging. Is simple as this sounds, there are some rigs that catch better than others. The way they are rigged also helps keep them on the hook . He will also be going over where and how to read the areas to find them. They are transient fish on the move. This is important in fishing them.Steve Kaimmer has been a halibut biologist with the International Pacific Halibut Commission since 1985. He has done a number of research projects including using cameras to observe halibut behavior around baited hooks. He has fished halibut in the summers in southeast Alaska for about 8 years before started working with IPHC.
Thursday, April 9th 6:30PM
SOUTH COUNTY SENIOR CENTER
on the Edmonds Waterfront
220 Railroad Ave
Edmonds, WA 98020
BIG Pizza Slice or Hot Dog: $2 Soft Drinks: $1
April 11, 2015
Make-up Derby: April 11th, 2015
Members Blackmouth Derby
Fin-clipped Chinook ONLY
Sno-King PSA Members and Guests ONLY
Weigh-In @ 3:00PM - Port of Edmonds
Tickets sold at our general meetings
and at Ed's Surplus, Lynnwood
(bring your membership card to confirm)
Tickets are $25/each (cash only, please)
$5.00 of each ticket will be donated to Fish Northwest!!!
100% of the proceeds will be re-distributed as prize money:
Excluding the $5.00 reserved for Fish NW
1st Prize: 50% of ticket sales
2nd Prize: 25% of ticket sales
3rd Prize: 15% of ticket sales
New in 2015! - 4th Prize: 10% of ticket sales
New in 2015! - Mystery Fish Prize: $200.00
New in 2015! - Kid's biggest fish: $50.00
New in 2015! - Prizes for EVERY kid at weigh-in (with derby ticket)*
*No fish needed for prize. Thank you, Andy Kim & Ted's Sporting Goods in Lynnwood!
Prizes will be distributed immediately after the weigh-in, followed by fish stories at a local watering hole.
NOTICE: THIS IS NOT AN 'ALL WEATHER' DERBY
Derby officials reserve the right to cancel or postpone derby due to an adverse weather forecast.
If derby is cancelled or postponed, tickets will be refunded in full or will be valid for another derby date
Check our website at 6:30 PM the evening before the derby to see if derby has been changed
1. Derby hours are from dawn to 3:00 PM sharp. No entries will be weighed in after 3:00 PM. Weigh-in will be at the Port of Edmonds adjacent to the launch sling.
2. Derby Officials reserve the right to disqualify any fish that appears to have been tampered with or per the rules as designated herein. The decisions of Derby Officials on legality, time, and weight and all decisions will be final and binding.
3. Fishing will be allowed in WDFW open areas of Marine Areas 8-1, 8-2, 9 and 10 only.
4. All contestants must fish according to the current WDFW Recreational Fishing Regulations.
5. All anglers (persons with a fishing license) aboard boat must have a Derby ticket.
6. Salmon must be caught the day of the event, in the designated Marine Area and arrive at the weigh-in station via water or by car, due to possible bad weather forecast, to qualify for weigh-in and prizes.
7. Fish must be completely cleaned to determine Official Derby Weight. All guts, gills, and kidney (the blood line next to the spine) must be removed. Derby judges may do additional cleaning before weighing. In the event of a tie, the time of weigh-in shall determine the winner (earliest fish wins). Only Chinook (king) salmon qualify for prizes.
8. Prizes will be distributed immediately after the weigh-in then whoever wants to will go to a local watering hole for fish stories.
9. Only one fish per contestant may be entered to qualify for prizes.
Monitor VHF ch72 for derby communications.
May 09, 2014
2015 PORT TOWNSEND
MAY 8th - 9th
January 01, 2015You must be a current PSA Sno-King Member to enter this contest!
Kids Division- must be 15 and under at the time the fish is caught.
All the same rules as the adult division.
Catch a big fish in Washington State or Surrounding waters!
· The fish must be one of the species listed below.
· Fish must caught by hook and line angling only.
· All contestants must fish in accordance with the current WDFW fishing regulations.
· All contestants must be a PSA Sno-King member.
· The member must have a current paid membership at the time of catching the fish.
· The fish must be hooked, fought and landed by a PSA Sno-King member (except netting, harpooning or gaffing) The member may have help fighting the fish only by another PSA Sno-King member in which case both members names will be placed on the plaque as co-winners.
· If fishing outside of Washington State, you must launch and land your boat on the same day at a Washington State boat launch and you must follow the regulations for that particular jurisdiction.
· Fish not caught legally will be disqualified.
· You may place in more than one division, but not place more than once in each division.
You may upgrade your fish in each division.
· The decisions of legality, length and weight will be final and binding and determined by the PSA Sno-King Board of Directors. If a board member is entered in any of the divisions top 3 fish they will not be allowed to influence any decision regarding legality if a dispute arises in that particular division.
To enter a fish for the big fish contest you must;
Provide a picture showing a tape measurement of overall length and girth on Chinook or Coho salmon. Length should me measured from tip of the mouth to the tip of the tail and the numbers on the tape must be readable. Girth should be measured by circling the tape snugly around the salmons mid-section just in front of the dorsal fin with the numbers on the tape readable at the intersect point on the tape. The fish must be laying flat on the deck when measuring! If the fish is hanging it may be disqualified.
These measurements will be used to verify the fish weight. Please also provide an accurate weight. All Salmon will be calculated at the weight based on the Length/Girth calculator on Piscatorial Pursuits. This calculation is not always accurate but all salmon will be weighed using this method for 2015. Your actual scale weight may differ from these results!
Here is the link to the PP calculator;
Halibut and Ling Cod
Provide a picture of the overall length from tip of the mouth to the tip of the tail on Halibut and Ling Cod. The tape must be readable. The fish must be laying flat on the deck when measuring! If the fish is hanging it may be disqualified.
Please provide an accurate weight if possible. Halibut and Ling Cod will be rated by length measurement chart to determine weight. Weight charts are on the contest home page.
Albacore Tuna Measuring
Provide a picture of the overall length from tip of the mouth to the FORK (center) of the tail on Albacore Tuna. The tape must be readable. The fish must be laying flat on the deck when measuring! If the fish is hanging it may be disqualified.
Please provide an accurate weight if possible. Albacore Tuna will be rated by length measurement chart to determine weight.
The weight chart is viewable on the contest home page.
We will need a photo in Jpeg format showing the fisherman holding the fish to place on the plaque.
Take lots of pictures!!!
Portrait or Landscape will work either way on a plaque.
e-mail all pictures to Ron Garner and or Tim Stumpf at the following
plaques will be for the 3 biggest fish in each division listed below;
A certificate, suitable for framing, will be provided for places 4-10
***** Chinook ***** Coho***** Halibut ***** Ling Cod *****Albacore Tuna*****
Wut's yer name?
WHO are YOU?
Folks want to know who is behind your mysterious avatar
Please take a moment and click 'My Profile'
Type your real name in the 'bio' box
Nothing to it!