Reply to topic

New here, a couple of problems

6 post(s), 3 voice(s)
bender
Small
Post(s):2

Hello everybody, I’ve been looking for a good place to record trips and share them with my friends and this place seems to have that potential. I have run into a couple of problems though.

The first is that when I entered a new trip to “Kent Lake” in Michigan, the system changed the state to California automatically. It must have done this because there is already a Kent Lake in the system there. When I try to change it I get the “We’re sorry, but something went wrong. We’ve been notified about this issue and we’ll take a look at it shortly.” page.

The next issue is that I just entered two more trips from this weekend and when I try to add my catch I get the same error page.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do or if this has already been reported to the administrators. Thanks!

earlybird
Small
Post(s):443

Hi there,

I’m actually retooling how trips work completely, but I’ll see if I can fix that issue this week so at least you can get by this error.

Sorry about that!

Paul

bender
Small

O.K., thanks for the help. The site seems to be a really great tool for recording trips.

earlybird
Small

Hey bender,

I found the problem. I’m also updating some other stuff on the site, so I’ll put the fix up when everything is ready to go. On a side note, I’m majorly reworking how trip logging works because its pretty clumsy the way it works right now, so expect that in a few months.

Paul

earlybird
Small

Hi Bender,

The duplicate location name under different states problem is fixed. Give it a shot…

fiker1
Small

Like Bender I’m new here also. I’m looking for a place to keep track of my own, and my club’s logs. It appears that we can share with each other, but not the world.

I practiced with the system by putting a Practice trip into it on Lake St. Clair. (A fairly large lake). When trying to add more than one place on the lake where fish were caught I get the same error that Bender did.

Also, it’s nice to be able to enter lat/long info, but it would also be nice to just be able to click on the map to add additional locations on the same lake.