3 post(s), 2 voice(s)
MatthewPaul
Small
Post(s):13

Friends,
I am more than happy to assist you in building a community here in NY, especially NYC and the NY Bight waters. I will, however, have to wait until the PRIVACY issue is resolved. Will that be resolved before the striper season opens on April 15th? I’d really like to use this site to track my log this year.
Looking forward to helping out,
Matthew

earlybird
Small
Post(s):443

MatthewPaul,
I don’t know if I’ll get it by the 15th, but I’ll be working on it. I’m going to get the public groups working, followed by the privacy on “spots”. We’ll have public bodies of water and private “spots”. The public groups allow you to create your own group and have a private group forum area.
Paul

MatthewPaul
Small
Post(s):13

That’s great Paul. In the surf fishing community in NY, all spots are “private!” Spot burning, as it’s commonly called, is highly frowned upon. But community discussions around larger bodies of water, i.e., Robert Moses, the Rockaways, Montauk, etc. are fair ways to discuss surf fishing. It’s just that the surf fishing community-in general-is a very protective and tight knit community who are leery of people who post very specific spots. Hence, my need for privacy with regard to my log on this website and Hotspots.
So, just tell me how I can help in NY and I’ll do what I can do. Once the privacy thing is fixed, I’m sure I can get scores, if not hundreds of surf-rats to come to this site. I’m heavily involved in 4 other online communities…
Matthew