8 post(s), 3 voice(s)
AWMiller
Small
Post(s):30

Just curious as to how to work the Fish Areas correctly.

When I click on “Hotspots” and look at the “Fish Areas” section where it shows Marine, River, Lake, I’ve tried to add some lakes and it looks like they were accepted yet I don’t see them on the map nor in the drop-down list.

Am I doing something wrong? Or just not doing the right thing all the way through?

Thanks!!

Fish On Y’all!
~Alan

earlybird
Small
Post(s):443

No you got it right. AC turned on some caching of pages so the page doesn’t update till later. I’ve been complaining about the same thing too…

We’ll chalk that up as something to take care of as well.

AWMiller
Small

Quick addition: Some of the ones I added show up under the Marine section rather than the Lake section. Is there an editing page that can be accessed and move them to where they are supposed to be or is this something y’all would have to do on the backend?

~Alan

earlybird
Small

Yeah, we’ve got tools to do some of these things – and we queue all new locations into an approval list that I go through regularly, but we’re currently a little wary of opening some of those up to the public… Its probably not scalable long run, so I’m thinking eventually having some trusted members given these priveledges, like being a moderator. What are your thoughts on that?

AWMiller
Small

Well I know from running similar sites/forums, it’s best to get the groundwork done and working the way you want it and then call in some entrusted members to help you with different site management aspects. Otherwise you’re going to have a long list of to-do’s and you’ll hear the fish laughing all day long cause you’re not out there fishing! (hehehe)

You may want to think about having a few folks acting as moderators and have them keep an eye on the site and boards. Then you might want to get one or two ‘techies’ that can help you with the back-end work. Sometimes I found that to be one of the best ways of getting things done.

~Alan

earlybird
Small

I’ve fixed the caching issues. New locations, updates, etc should all show up immediately now…

No tool to change the location type yet :)

AC
Administator Small
Post(s):32

We are the ‘technies’ ;)

AWMiller
Small

Techies…. you either love us or you hate us!!! hahaha!!